Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FOCUS!

Some days my head just seems to explode. I mean I have so many ideas, but nothing really works in real life.
In magazines and on the internet I see people who seem to have it all figuered out. They show us pictures of their clothes and homes, they blog about a part of their life or show us their creativity. And all the while I am thinking, I want it too. So all sorts of ideas form in my head, but none of them seem to be working for me.

I see the most amazing pictures of vintage homes. People who spend all of their time going to second hand shops and markets and come home with some great finds. So okay, I know what I like, so how hard can it be, right? But once I am at the market or shop, everything seems old and dusty to me... When i finally find something I like and have the guts to ask the seller who much it is, it turns out the thing is way overpriced, so I put it down, turn aroud and run like hell.

Fortunately for me, I have a friend, who loves these markets and she is sweet enough to share her finds with me...

Clothes are pretty much the same thing. I mean, in every magazine you see pictures with great outfits, where everything matches. But again I have some problems in this area:
- This is what my closet looks like, it´s just a mess and I can´t seem to find anything.
-I have three cats, so when I finally find some nice clothes and I think I look good, one of them feels like it is time to cuddle and I end up looking like some hairy monster.

my closet

Then there are those who blog every day about a subject they are interested in. So I thought, I love cats, they love me (I have prove on my clothes), let´s blog about them. Four weeks ago I got a cat from the shelter, who was pregnant, and now has 5 beautiful little kittens, so the perfect subject right?
Not, I had a little reality check.... Kittens are lots of work, especially when there mother is sick and you have to visit the vet every week. So you have to feed the kittens, clean up after them and make sure they are all there. (They really find the most crazy places to hide). So at the end of the day, I am happy they are all accounted for, their tummy´s are full, their room is clean and they are asleep...... I really don´t have the energy left to blog about them.



And what is left? Creativity. I like to think about myself as creative. And some of the things really work, like my crochet. But I want so much more, painting, drawing, sewing.... Everyday I start something new, but again I never really finish my ideas, because there are so many of them.

a little drawing....


That seems to be my problems, to many ideas.... Maybe I just need to focus on one thing, but how do you choose which one, when you have so many interests?

3 comments:

  1. You are being awful hard on yourself. You make amazing toys. I am awed by them. Credit yourself with your strengths. You certainly can learn to be better at other things, but comparing yourself to other bloggers, magazines, etc. will only result in self-abuse. We can benefit from admiring others and using it as a motivator to learn more. However, when we let it defeat us and rob of us direction and creativity it demonstrates the danger.

    Experiment. Write what interests you and change until you figure out your passion. Cats aren't it, there are plenty of other things to engage your abilities. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awful hard on myself, I know.... And I know some things just aren´t for me, but yesterday was just one of those days. Thanks for your sweet words. I am working hard on letting go on the idea, I have to be succesfull in everything. (And really what would be the fun of that?? you don´t want to be some kind of superhero, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I have a lot in common!! So many ideas in the brain, so little time to make it all happen!! Lol I found your blog awhile back and think you do an awesome job!! It gives me (a fellow crocheter) some hope that I can eventually make some money from my creations!!

    ReplyDelete